RE: xslt core and intuition was RE: [xsl] Reference to variable c annot be resolved.

Subject: RE: xslt core and intuition was RE: [xsl] Reference to variable c annot be resolved.
From: Tony Graham <Tony.Graham@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 15:05:34 +0000

bryan wrote at 17 Feb 2003 10:24:49 +0100:
 > Who learned Forth or Lisp as a first programming language? There must
 > have been somebody sometime.

"Structure and Interpretation of Computer Languages" (SICP) teaches
Scheme, and the book "has been the basis of MIT's entry-level computer
science subject since 1980."  (I wish I'd read it in 1980.)

The SICP web site lists over 100 universities and colleges that use
the book [1].

The "Schools using Scheme" page shows 106 universities and colleges
using Scheme in introductory courses (and 59 secondary schools).

Regards,

Tony Graham