RE: [xsl] Re: Partial Extraction

Subject: RE: [xsl] Re: Partial Extraction
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 12:50:01 -0000

> Is there a method in XSLT where I can transform only one
> section of <group> and upon pressing a "previous" or "next"
> button make a transformation of the next or previous <group>
> section. I only need to display one group at a time the
> reason being that each group can be large.

XSLT doesn't interact with the user. You can write a transformation
which produces as output an HTML document containing the information for
one group, together with "next" and "previous" buttons. When the user
presses these buttons, the URLs or script behind these buttons must
activate another transformation (server side or client side) to produce
the next page. You can identify which group you want output by means of
a stylesheet parameter.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx