RE: [xsl] generating menus. Related to and generate-id()

Subject: RE: [xsl] generating <a href="#section"> menus. Related to <xsl:for-each> and generate-id()
From: Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:14:57 +0200

Hi,

> I was woundering if the same effect could be achieve with
> generate-id()
> instead.
> I tried bookmarking the sections with <a
> name="{generate-id()}</a>, but
> then couldn't figure out how to generated respective table of
> contents.

Change

  <xsl:attribute name="href">
    #sect_
    <xsl:number value="position()" format="I"/>
  </xsl:attribute>
  <xsl:value-of select="title"/>

  <xsl:attribute name="href">
    <xsl:text/>#<xsl:value-of select="generate-id()" />
  </xsl:attribute>
  <xsl:value-of select="title"/>

> I just wanted to know if there are other prefered solutions for the
> same problem.

Then there's the

  <xsl:number count="sect" format="I" />

which is more stable than the position() one.

Cheers,

Jarno - Colony 5: Follow your Heart (Hyperheart mix)