Re: [xsl] JAR protocol for URL in xsl:import

Subject: Re: [xsl] JAR protocol for URL in xsl:import
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 23:17:27 +0100

Gregory Murphy wrote:
If I am using a Java XSL transformer, and am running the transformation
from a JAR, is there any way to construct URLs in <xsl:import> and
<xsl:include> such that the external stylesheet will be picked up?

There is a jar: URL schema which is recognized by Suns implementation of java.net.URL, therefore Java based XSLT processors running on SUN JVM should be able to grok something like <xsl:include href="jar:file:///foo/bar.jar!/com/sample/baz.xsl"/> or even <xsl:include href="jar:http://jar.sample.com/foo/bar.jar!/com/sample/baz.xsl"/> I havn't triefd myself, but look at http://javaalmanac.com/egs/java.net/JarUrl.html?l=rel

J.Pietschmann