[xsl] how to get an NCR in the output?

Subject: [xsl] how to get an NCR in the output?
From: Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 00:39:17 +0100

Hi

In the DocBook input, I have &#8593; (with spaces in case it doesn't go through: & # 8593 ;). This should be an [arrow up].

I'm transforming the doc to XHTML. In the output, I get the upwards arrow (as one char (â+'), not as NCR), which should be fine so far, but the browsers (Mozilla etc) don't like it: They display garbled stuff like â + '(spaces inserted).
But if the character in the XHTML doc is written as NCR 8593 (by hand), then most browsers display the arrow. How could I get the NCR in the generated output?

Tobi

--

Vim users               donate.
http://iccf-holland.org/donate.html