RE: [xsl] output of cdata within xsl:value-of select

Subject: RE: [xsl] output of cdata within xsl:value-of select
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 17:36:57 -0000

The CDATA section is irrelevant. CDATA only changes the meaning of
special characters like "<", and there are no such characters in your
CDATA section.

Your problem is an HTML problem. A newline in an HTML document is not
rendered as a newline. You have to replace the newlines with <br/>, or
output the text in a <pre> element.

For replacing newlines with <br/>, see the FAQ.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx