[xsl] concatenating 1-n XML files

Subject: [xsl] concatenating 1-n XML files
From: Delaney Robin <Robin.Delaney@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 13:28:55 +0100

Problem: Customer has 1-n xml files with identical structure. I want to
merge them into 1 large xml and then transform that.

1. Can I use the document() function with wildcards in the doc-name ?
something like: <xsl:for-each select="document('name*.xml')"> ?

2. If 1. works would  a large number of files (000's) have an adverse effect
on performance ? Or once a document is processed is it retained in memory or
released ? Is there an upper limit of elements that can be processed ? I'll
be using xalan.

If I can't use document like that any other suggestions or anybody done
anything similar ? Looking through the archives/FAQ's there are some notes
on merging contents of 2 files but not on larger numbers of files. I could
try something outside of xsl but it seems at first thought as if it would be
very messy !

In file 1:
	<rdec>
		<contract>