Re: [xsl] Partial Implementation of XInclude include element

Subject: Re: [xsl] Partial Implementation of XInclude include element
From: "W. Eliot Kimber" <eliot@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 09:58:38 -0500

Jeni Tennison wrote:

> I think that it's probably better to use an identity template here,
> namely:
>
> <xsl:template match="node() | @*" mode="xinclude">
>   <xsl:copy>
>     <xsl:apply-templates select="@* | node()" mode="xinclude" />
>   </xsl:copy>
> </xsl:template>
>
> First, it's simpler. Second, it copies over comments and PIs, which
> you probably should do. Third, and most important, it manages
> namespaces correctly. As you currently have it, say you were
> including:

Hmm. What doesn't happen when I use this improved code is copying of the
namespace nodes from the xsl:stylesheet document, as happens in normal
output (that is, if I don't go through this initial xinclude step).

Is that simply unavoidable or is there some other namespace subtlety
that I'm overlooking?

Thanks,

E.
--