[xsl] entities out of scope in included xsl file

Subject: [xsl] entities out of scope in included xsl file
From: Jens Schriver <jens@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 12:35:20 +0200

Hi everyone,

I am having a problem with entities needed in included .xsl files. I need to include several entity files and several xsl files from one main xsl file. In the included xsl files, I want to be able to use the already included entities, but I cannot get it to work.

The only way I can get this to work, is if I also include the .ent file in the includedfile.xsl, but defining the same entities in the main xsl file and also the "include"ed xsl file seems wrong. If there a way to just include the entities once so they become usable to all included xsl files?

I am running sablotron 0.9 and expat 1.95.4. I first thought this was a Sablotron issue, but after consulting the sablotron list, this does not seem to be the case.

Example and files below.
--------------------
# sabcmd test.xsl test.xml
Error [code:2] [URI:file:includedfile.xsl] [line:5]
XML parser error 11: undefined entity
---------------------

--- test.xml --------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" standalone="no"?>
<document>
<page/>
</document>
---------------------------

--- test.xsl --------------
<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [
<!ENTITY % myents1 SYSTEM "entities.ent"> %myents1;
]>
<xsl:include href='includedfile.xsl'/>
<xsl:template match="page">
test.xsl: Where is my entity? &myentity;
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>
---------------------------

--- includedfile.xsl ------
<xsl:output method="html" indent="yes" encoding="iso-8859-1" />
<xsl:template match="document">
includedfile.xsl: start<br/>
includedfile.xsl: where is my entity? &myentity;<br/>
<xsl:apply-templates select="//page"/>
includedfile.xsl: end<br/>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>