RE: [xsl] SAXParseException

Subject: RE: [xsl] SAXParseException
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 17:56:07 +0100

> The parser I'm using is SAXON and the XSLT processor is
> Cocoon. I am using the saxon:evaluate function, so I don't
> know what other processors would support a similar function.

Um, no: Saxon is an XSLT processor, Cocoon is a ... (come to think of
it, what kind of animal *is* Cocoon?).

Saxon includes an XML parser (AElfred), but the message "The root
element is required in a well-formed document" is not coming from
AElfred.

I would think that the most likely explanation for the message is that
you are trying to load a document using the document() function, and the
file exists but is empty. By default, Saxon reports an error from the
document() function, but continues processing.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx