Re: [xsl] two xml source documents

Subject: Re: [xsl] two xml source documents
From: "Charles Knell" <cknell@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 09:58:30 -0700

There are two ways to call the document function. This is one I wrote
yesterday which uses a second parameter to specify the path to the document
whose name is the first parameter:

<xsl:template name="Contractor List">
  <xsl:variable name="contractors" select="document('contractorList.xml',
'../xml/')" />
        <xsl:for-each select="$contractors/contractorList/contractor">
          <xsl:sort select="." />
select="." /></div>
        </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

I left out some style attribute information because it takes up space
and is not germane to the question.

>From The XSLT Programmer's Reference 2nd Edition, pg. 466, strictly speaking
the first parameter is a URI which in my case is a file name and the
second parameter is the base-uri which is used to resolve any relative
reference contained in the first parameter. If the first parameter has
no relative references, the second parameter is not necessary.

--
Charles Knell
cknell@xxxxxxxxxx - email