[xsl] Including an external xml source via http

Subject: [xsl] Including an external xml source via http
From: "Dan Henke" <danh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 14:35:53 +1000

After searching through the archives I found plenty of posts about including
external xml sources into an xsl tranformation but they were all referring
to external files on the same filesystem as the stylesheet using the
document() function.  What I am trying to do is to include an external xml
file via http.

ie, document('http://www.example.com/something.xml')

Is this at all possible?  I'm using sablotron 0.95 (via PHP) and have not
had any luck so far.  I'm telling a bit of a lie actually.  The external xml
file is on the same filesystem as the xslt file and in the same directory,
but I need it to include via apache because its dynamically generated by
PHP.

-Dan