RE: [xsl] XSLT & SQL

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSLT & SQL
From: "Charles Knell" <cknell@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 09:31:21 -0700

What I was trying to express is the distinction between the XSLT processor
as a "machine" and the XSLT document as "raw material". In the SQL world
the data and the SQL engine are intimately bound. By this I mean that
you couldn't expect to use MS SQL Server to process SQL queries against
a set Oracle database files without several intervening helper mechanisms.

XML/XSLT, on the other hand, are uncoupled from any particular processor.
You could use Saxon, Xalan, MSXML, Oracle or any number of other processors
against the same set of data and stylesheet files and should get the
same results in each case.

--
Charles Knell
cknell@xxxxxxxxxx - email