RE: [xsl] encoding issues

Subject: RE: [xsl] encoding issues
From: "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 13:19:45 +0200

Yes, but the document that you're producing doesn't contain the character
sequence "&#160;", but it contains the Unicode character 160 serialized as a
two-byte-sequence. IE either supports XML (+CSS) (so the HTML engine won't
even look at it), *or* HTML. If you're producing HTML, the XML declaration
is irrelevant (the only thing that counts are the encoding declaration from
the HTTP response and/or the META tag in the HTML).