Re: [xsl] Problem parsing cp1252 with msxsl

Subject: Re: [xsl] Problem parsing cp1252 with msxsl
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 09:44:12 +0100

> Thanks a lot, the correct name was "windows-1252". I keep that URL in my
> bookmarks...

But since one of the main aims of XML is to produce portable documents
why tie yourself to a proprietary encoding? Many XML parsers will not be
able to deal with that encoding, If you use iso-8859-1 (latin 1) your
document will be a lot more portable. If you used utf-8 (the default)
then your document would work with all XML parsers.

David