RE: [xsl] Grouping and Sorting on value inside group

Subject: RE: [xsl] Grouping and Sorting on value inside group
From: "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsberger@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 14:47:43 -0500

>Hm. Well, a suggestion you made in your last message has me a *bit*
> concerned ... it might have been a typo, but a match="data//*/*" is very
> different from a match="data/*/*" (the second, a grandchild element of a
> data element, the first, any element descendant of a data element that is
> at least a grandchild).

Yes, that would certainly be an issue and it was one reason I hedged on
suggesting it.  It turns out that I don't need it: the data is always a
three level structure (well sometimes 4 levels, but the fourth level is
adjunct data to the third level).  The structure I have to map the data to
is a recursive hierarchy.

I believe that Jeni's suggestion of tying a key to dataid and a key to the
group name actually solves the whole problem, since it also turns out that
dataid's are unique within groups (unless they change the business rules on
me).  I can use the group (name) key to map the data to a portion of the
recursive structure.  I can use the dataid key to group the data for that
mapping.