[xsl] Java code for retrieving field from DB

Subject: [xsl] Java code for retrieving field from DB
From: normbishop1@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 02:26:48 -0400

Hi,

This list might not be the correct one for this question.  I hope someone might have experieced similar problem.  Pls help me ....

The descTest field in the database consists of this text:  <br>test
I am using these java codes to retrieve this field :
qry2 = "SELECT descTest from testtable where descId="+descId;
                rsa = stmt.executeQuery(qry2);
                if(rsa != null){while(rsa.next()){
                   description=rsa.getString(1);
                }}

the result I am getting for description is:  <br;>test

I am sure there is a way to retrieve descTest as <br>test.  I would appreciate anyone's help!

Thank you
Norm