Re: [xsl] xsl: using attribute value in apply-templates select

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl: using attribute value in apply-templates select
From: "Alex Reuter" <xslalex@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 18:44:45 +0000

Joerg,
Yes thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for.
:)

Alex

From: Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@xxxxxx>
To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 20:13:25 +0200

Hello Alex,

I don't understand exactly what you want, but I assume the "mode" can
help you. So you can have a template

<xsl:template match="node" mode="foo"/>

and a template

<xsl:template match="node" mode="bar"/>

So if you do an <xsl:apply-templates/> you can add a mode too:

<xsl:apply-templates select="node" mode="foo"/>

and on another place

<xsl:apply-templates select="node" mode="bar"/>

Does this solve your problem?

Joerg

Alex Reuter wrote:

Hi, I ended up using this:

<xsl:apply-templates select="descendant::*[@key='key.string.1']"/>

Interestingly when using Saxon 7 I get this warning message:

Recoverable error
Ambiguous rule match for /page[1]/collection[1]
Matches both "collection" on line 3 of file:/C:/1_template.xsl
and "collection" on line 3 of file:/C:/2_template.xsl

I have 2 templates which both match the collection node set, and I need
them to be generic user interface templates.  To populate a drop-down
list for example, or to fill in a textarea.  Does anyone have any tips
for a better way to perhaps organize the data or make the template
match's more specific but still generic?

Thanks,
Alex