[xsl] Pass an element based on its childrens content

Subject: [xsl] Pass an element based on its childrens content
From: "CROFT, MICHAEL" <MCROFT@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 19:13:41 -0400

I need to pass an element to a template based on a condition where its
children would contain certain text(an id).  Here is an example xml element
I would need to pass....

<ListOfInsClaimsElements>
				<InsClaimsElements>
					<AssignmentDate/>
					<AssignmentExcluded/>
					<ClaimCoverage>Bodily
Injury</ClaimCoverage>
					<ClaimElementLimit/>
					<ClaimId>1-14YMG</ClaimId>
					<Claimant>Abrams</Claimant>

<ClaimantFirstName>Nancy</ClaimantFirstName>
					<ClaimantId/>
					<ContactId>1-16HHT</ContactId>
					<CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode>
					<ElementClosedDate/>

<ElementDeductible>100</ElementDeductible>
				</InsClaimsElements>
				<InsClaimsElements>
					<AssignmentDate/>
					<AssignmentExcluded/>
					<ClaimCoverage>Bodily
Injury</ClaimCoverage>
					<ClaimElementLimit/>
					<ClaimId>1-14YMG</ClaimId>
					<Claimant>Abrams</Claimant>

<ClaimantFirstName>Nancy</ClaimantFirstName>
					<ClaimantId/>
					<ContactId>1-16HHT</ContactId>
					<CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode>
					<ElementClosedDate/>

<ElementDeductible>100</ElementDeductible>
				</InsClaimsElements>
</ListOfInsClaimsElements>

I need to find the specific list of claims elements
(ListOfInsClaimsElements) which contains the claims (InsClaimsElements) that
Im interested in (ClaimId).  There are multiple lists
(ListOfInsClaimsElements) within the xml document each containing possible
multiple claims (InsClaimsElements) but each list of claims belongs only to
one claimant.  So if Im working with Claimant A, I need to find the list
that contains Claimant A claims(i.e <ClaimId>A</ClaimId>), and pass the
entire list holding those claims (ListOfInsClaimsElements) to a template for
processing.

Mike

the sender and postmaster@xxxxxxxxxx