RE: [xsl] NEED YOUR HELP! (FILES INCLUDED)

Subject: RE: [xsl] NEED YOUR HELP! (FILES INCLUDED)
From: "Dion Houston" <dionh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 14:36:06 -0700

Hi Norm:

<xsl:value-of> outputs the text content of a node, and the text content
of a node is a concatenation of all string values of all children nodes.

Consider the following:

before</quote>

In this case, what is the quote?  Clearly it is: To boldly go where no
man has gone before.

In your XML is the content under <sub> considered to be part of the
<name> or is it different?  If it is different, you should restructure
your XML such that sub is not a child of name.  One possibility is:

<chapter>
	<name>subscript</name>
	<sub>testsub</sub>
</chapter>

In this case, you could change your xslt like:

<xsl:template match="/">
	Name: <xsl:value-of select="name"/>
	Sub:	<xsl:value-of select="sub"/>
</xsl:template>