Re: [xsl] Document() and &

Subject: Re: [xsl] Document() and &
From: longjohn <longjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 17:02:48 +0200

Excuse me , I ve got a problem that , maybe , you can resolve it.
If i'm not mistaking you want to apply a templates calling a foreign files.
I'm trying to apply a template , output from a JSP file (no parameters needed) , in a stylesheet .
In particular : JSP file output something like <xsl: template name="TEMPL">.....some html code ....</xsl:template> or only ....some html code ... (as I wish) .
Unfortunately I can display HTML only as a string (so including all tags like <a href. ... <font...... <p....... etc.).
Do you think that function document() used in a particular way could help me?
I've tried <xsl:copy-of select="document('http://localhost:8080/myfile.jsp')"/> , but nothing displaied.

Jeni Tennison wrote:

Hi Josh,

So I have switched to the Java Xalan processor and have the same error.
I posted some incorrect information before. If I do the following I DO get the error.
<xsl:apply-templates select="document('http://www.somewhere.com/getDocument.html?docType=xml&amp;
id=12345')"/>
Earlier I stated that I this worked but it doesn't. With Xalan the
error is stated like this "file:///Volumes/SharedDocs/TestFile.XSL;
Line 129; Column 134; Can not load requested doc: Attribute name
"TD" must be followed by the ' = ' character."

It sounds as though the document that you're getting through the document() function isn't well-formed XML. Try saving the document locally and checking whether it's well-formed; try loading the local copy with the document() function. If the document isn't well-formed, you're going to have to talk to the people at www.somewhere.com to get them to make it so.

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison