Re: [xsl] selecting with text nodes

Subject: Re: [xsl] selecting with text nodes
From: Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 17:13:45 +0200

That's even easier than with attributes, you just write name of children element, because child axis is by default.

<xsl:template match="recommendation[completed = 'yes']">
	<xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="recommendation"/>

Ian Hord wrote:
Hi,

I am having a problems trying to select elements based on the text contents
of child nodes. For example how would I convert

<recommendation>
	<section>major</section>
	<completed>no</completed>
	<para>content of rec 1</para>
</recommendation>
<recommendation>
	<section>major</section>
	<completed>yes</completed>
	<para>content of rec 2</para>
</recommendation>
<recommendation>
	<section>minor</section>
	<completed>no</completed>
	<para>content of rec 3</para>
</recommendation>

I want to select only the major recommendations that are not completed to
produce

<recommendation>
<section>major</section>
<para>content of rec 1</para>
</recommendation>

All the examples I can find are based on attributes. Look forward to your
help. Many thanks in advance.

Ian.

-- Oleg Tkachenko Multiconn International, Israel