RE: [xsl] How to filter characters from a string?

Subject: RE: [xsl] How to filter characters from a string?
From: Greg Faron <gfaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 14:36:10 -0700

At 02:11 PM 3/29/2002, you wrote:
Write a translate that removes all the characters that are allowed in
base64. The result of this translate is a string containing all the
characters that aren't allowed, i.e. the ones you want to remove. Use this
as the second parameter for another translate():

translate($x, translate($x, 'ABCDE...abcde...12345...', ''), '')

Oooh, I like that one. This way the second translate() is customized for every argument, but easily coded (and maintained). Do you know of any way to benchmark Microsoft XSLT operations so that I could see which is faster? I suspect that the double translate() is better than the template solution posted earlier.

Greg Faron Integre Technical Publishing Co.