[xsl] Dynamic XSL filtering using ASP

Subject: [xsl] Dynamic XSL filtering using ASP
From: Amrit Gill <gillism@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 16:19:51 +0000

hi guys, i have been struggling with this for a long time now, and have finally come to an end and need professional advice (you guys!).

My problem is this, i have a xml file whish is structured as follows:

<playlist>
  <record>
	<play_date>18Feb02</play_date>
	<record_num>1</record_num>
	<record_title>Star Suite</record_title>
	<record_artist>Mondo Grosso</record_artist>
	<record_mix>Blaze Shelter Dub</record_mix>
	<record_label>King St</record_label>
  </record>
  <record>
	<play_date>25Feb02</play_date>
	<record_num>1</record_num>
	<record_title>Back Fire</record_title>
	<record_artist>Masters At Work</record_artist>
	<record_mix>Album Mix</record_mix>
	<record_label>MAW Records</record_label>
  </record>
</playlist>

And i want to be able to filter out the correct <record>'s from the playlist.xml file. For example i want to display all the records which were played on the 25feb02, or on the 18feb02. I know i need an XSL to do this, but i have no real clue, nor do i have a great idea on what sort of ASP code i need.

To iterate myself again, i want to be able to click on a date in a asp file, which then passes the date to the xsl file, which then filters out the right records, with the same play_date as the date passed from the asp file, and finally display them in a table.

i thank you all in advance for giving time to read it, and great thanks in helping me.

Gill.