Re: [xsl] How to create new xml elements using xslt?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to create new xml elements using xslt?
From: Elizabeth Barham <soggytrousers@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 07 Feb 2002 10:35:38 -0600

"Khalid"<k_ali@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I can read 2 xml files and create a single file output with some
> selected nodes from both files,but I want to create some new
> elements aswell and they may be appended in the beginning or at the
> end of the created document and I may want to insert a new element
> in the middle of the this newly created document.  Can some one
> guide me to how to get this done.
>
>  btw. I can read 2files and a print a new file with selected
> elements.

<xsl:element> ??

<http://nwalsh.com/docs/tutorials/xsl/xsl/foil99.html>

For example,

  <xsl:template match="/">
    <xsl:element name="myNewDoc">
      <xsl:attribute name="test-attribute">
	<xsl:text>Value of Attribute</xsl:text>
      </xsl:attribute>
      <xsl:apply-templates />
    </xsl:element>
  </xsl:template>

Original XML:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<test>
  Hi This is the text of the root node entitled test
  <test-a>
    and a
  </test-a>
  <test-b>
    and b
  </test-b>
</test>

Transformed XML:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<myNewDoc test-attribute="Value of Attribute">
  Hi This is the text of the root node entitled test

    and a

    and b

</myNewDoc>

hth, Elizabeth