Re: [xsl] Managing Generation of Output Filenames

Subject: Re: [xsl] Managing Generation of Output Filenames
From: "Jonathan Perret" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 16:37:02 +0100

I may be completely missing the point, but can't you do something
like :

<xsl:template name="make-filename">
    (insert business logic here, returning a string)
</xsl:template>

When you later need a filename, generate it to a variable :
<xsl:variable name="filename">
    <xsl:call-template name="make-filename" />
</xsl:variable>

Then when you need an attribute :
<sampleoutputelement sampleattribute="{$filename}" />

When you need an href for xsl:document :
<xsl:document href="{$filename}" />

I completely omitted the parameters you will want to pass
to the business-logic template, but this shouldn't be much
of a problem, hopefully.

Sorry if I didn't understand your problem...

Hope this helps,
--Jonathan