RE: Regular expression functions (Was: Re: [xsl] comments on December F&O draft)

Subject: RE: Regular expression functions (Was: Re: [xsl] comments on December F&O draft)
From: "Marc Portier" <mpo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 12:43:52 +0100

Hi David,

yep, I even saw Mike pass in an idea on the list to have a serialize()
function in the xslt

dunno if I'm completely correct, but I read it as:
this would allow xslt to hand result-sub-nodes over to a process like
regexslt that does cross-node-boundary manipulations on it returning new
nodesets or the like

> > ... answers on the matching orders
>
> Thanks for the clarifications.
>
> > (Steven's posting made me a greenhorn member of this list :-))
> welcome to the club:-)

thx

> >  but pretty soon came down to 'we're not going to rewrite xsl.'
>
> good plan! (But I don't think it's one that will work as a basis for
> specifying XSLT 2:-)

very true,
point is I guess we tried to focus only on what we felt missing,
at this moment in history, the list, this dicussion is giving me more and
more feeling of how we could slide in regexslt inside the xslt process
aswell (next to the preprocessing for xslt approach we had up to know)