[xsl] Provider for javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory cannot be found

Subject: [xsl] Provider for javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory cannot be found
From: "Reto Fabbri" <rfabbri@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 23:32:22 +0100

Hi,

I get this Error Message when i start my programm.

First i have to say i'm new ;-) and i want to translate a XML (ByteArray) to
HTML in my Java Program (and not let the Browser do this job, i want to be
shure about the result ;-)). I dont have the XML Data as File (only the XSL
is stored in a File).

What i try do do is to use the Transformer with ByteArray-Streams. Should
this work?
byte[] buffer = new byte[65535];
ByteArrayOutputStream bout = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
Source stylesheet = tFactory.getAssociatedStylesheet(new StreamSource(new
ByteArrayInputStream(buffer)), media,title,charset);
Transformer transformer = tFactory.newTransformer(stylesheet);
transformer.transform(new StreamSource(new ByteArrayInputStream(buffer)),
                      new StreamResult(bout));
Result: Provider for javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory cannot be found

I have tried it with Test-Files instead of the ByteArrayStreams but the
result was the same.

I use xerces.jar, xml-apis.jar (xalan-j_2_2_D14)

English is not my language, so maybe i have misunderstood something
important. Is the TransformerFactory a solution for my problem? Should i use
something else? oder is my problem only the result of my bad design?

Thanks a lot

Regards, Reto
Switzerland