[xsl] is document('') mandatory for xslt1-conformant processor?

Subject: [xsl] is document('') mandatory for xslt1-conformant processor?
From: Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 17:15:05 +0200

Hello!

As I understand xslt1 spec is somewhat ambiguous about document('') feature. Firstly it says: "An XSLT processor is not required to support any particular URI schemas". But some paragraphs below it says: "Note, that a zero-length URI reference is a reference to the document relative to which the URI reference is being resolved; thus document("") refers to the root node of the stylesheet;...".
So, is document('') mandatory or not?
I care about it particularly because I involved in developing a specialized xslt processor, which compiles stylesheets to some intermediate code and so have trouble to get source of xsl stylesheet.
--
Oleg Tkachenko
Multiconn International, Israel