[xsl] adding unique values to a drop-down list

Subject: [xsl] adding unique values to a drop-down list
From: "Katie McNally" <kmcnally9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 10:44:58 -0600

I have xml that contains loans and their data (which includes broker name and id).

I need to add a drop-down of brokers to my page. Each selection in the list box needs to display "Broker Name - Broker Id" and the value of each selection must be set to the Broker Id. These selections must be listed alphabetically, with only unique values displayed (no duplicates).

For example:

Example XML:

<Loan>
 <BrokerSet>
   <Broker>
     <Name>ABC Broker</Name>
     <Id>123456</Id>
   </Broker>
 </BrokerSet>
</Loan>
<Loan>
 <BrokerSet>
   <Broker>
     <Name>LMN Broker</Name>
     <Id>345678</Id>
   </Broker>
 </BrokerSet>
</Loan>
<Loan>
 <BrokerSet>
   <Broker>
     <Name/>
     <Id/>
   </Broker>
 </BrokerSet>
</Loan>
<Loan>
 <BrokerSet>
   <Broker>
     <Name>LMN Broker</Name>
     <Id>345678</Id>
   </Broker>
 </BrokerSet>
</Loan>
<Loan>
 <BrokerSet>
   <Broker>
     <Name>ABC Broker</Name>
     <Id>999999</Id>
   </Broker>
 </BrokerSet>
</Loan>

For the xml listed above, the list box should contain the following values:
All Brokers
ABC Broker - 123456
ABC Broker - 999999
LMN Broker - 345678

How do I fill the list box with only unique selections which consist of broker name/broker id combinations?
How do I handle loans that do not have broker name or id data?

Thanks,
Katie