[xsl] XSLT works in IE6 and some IE5

Subject: [xsl] XSLT works in IE6 and some IE5
From: "Simon North" <north@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:31:28 +0100

Hi Guys,

This one has me stumped and I've been staring at the problem so long
it's made me blind to even the silliest mistakes. Please accept my
apologies in advance for gross stupidity.

I have a set of XSLT stylesheets (DOCBOOK derivatives). In IE4 and
*some* copies of IE5 I get a green background and trashes my content.
In *most* copies of IE5 and all copies of IE6 it gives me what I
want.

I tried checking with the URL "res://msxml3.dll/DEFAULTSS.xsl" to
make sure that MSXML3 is installed and it comes up OK on the IE5
versions. Installing MSMXL3 for safety's sake doesn't help on the IE4
or IE5 copies, but I can't identify why it works on some (Windows)
machines and not others ...

Please ... can someone suggest either a fix, or at least point me in
the right direction to be able to track down the problem myself?

Thanks,

Simon North
And for an honest attribute cry out ...
Pericles IV-iii

I might say 'element,' but the word is over-worn.
Twelfth Night, III-i