RE: [xsl] Netscape changes font-size in table

Subject: RE: [xsl] Netscape changes font-size in table
From: "McKeever, Marty" <marty.mckeever@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 07:46:12 -0500

the combination of netscape, table cells, and CSS has always been a pain to
deal with.  here are my two suggestions, certainly one of them will work for
you.

First, when using a class selector such as:
you will want to be very (very!) redundant with the definition:
.mystyle {font-size:11px}
TD.mystyle {font-size:11px}
TR TD.mystyle {font-size:11px}
TABLE TR TD.mystyle {font-size:11px}
DIV TABLE TR TD.mystyle {font-size:11px}
this has always worked for me in NS4, once i found the right combinations.

Second, since netscape has so much trouble with TD's, you could do almost
exactly what you originally planned by using the SPAN element:
<TD><span style="font-size:11px">foo</span></TD>
changing your original template to output this format would be very simple
-- and should work fine for what you need to do.  Just dont try to use
background-color here.

good luck,
Marty