Re: [xsl] (possible) strange behaviour of JD.xslt

Subject: Re: [xsl] (possible) strange behaviour of JD.xslt
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 19:00:10 +0000

Hi Rubén,

> Does anyone know if the XSLT specification or something say that
> <xsl:when> must follow <xsl:choose> without whitespaces between them
> when xml:space="preserve" is used, or is this a bug of JD.xslt?

The XSLT specification says that the whitespace-only text nodes must
be preserved if you use xml:space="preserve" on one of their ancestors
(with no closer xml:space="default"), and it says that the xsl:choose
element consists of a sequence of xsl:when elements followed by an
optional xsl:otherwise element.

I think you could read it either way, though I think that reading it
as saying that whitespace-only text nodes are allowed between the
elements is the more reasonable interpretation. Perhaps you should
raise it on xsl-editors@xxxxxx for clarification as well as as a
jd.xslt bug to Johannes.

Out of interest, why do you need to have xml:space="preserve" on all
your stylesheets?

Cheers,

Jeni

---