Re: [xsl] Adding DOCTYPE to xml output?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Adding DOCTYPE to xml output?
From: terje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Terje Norderhaug)
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 13:03:39 -0800

At 11:29 AM 10/19/01, Duffey, Kevin wrote:

>stupid question, but in my XSL in the match section of a template, I want
>the resulting XML to include a <!DOCTYPE...> tag in it so when the XML is
>used later, it is validated against the DTD (or schema) indicated. I don't
>have my XSL book here, so I can't look it up until later tonight. Hoping
>someone can respond beore then.

The XSL processor may add the DOCTYPE declaration automatically. At least the XSL engine in our Interaction web app server for Mac does it. The doctype name is determined from the document element. To provide the public and system ids, add doctype-public and doctype-system attributes to the 'output' top level element.

Terje Norderhaug                          mailto:terje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Founder & Chief Technologist                http://www.in-progress.com
Media Design in*Progress                         San Diego, California