RE: [xsl] create multiple documents

Subject: RE: [xsl] create multiple documents
From: "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsberger@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:33:35 -0500

> Currently people cache images this way by declaring a javascript image
> variable for each one on the HTML.  The browser loads them all as the page
> builds, but they might not be displayed until desired.  It's not exactly
the
> same, and you have to use javascript, but maybe there is something that
> could be done along those lines.

I believe you could get the generalized equivalent of this (at least for
HTML 4.01 compliant browsers) with the IFRAME tag and some combination of
JavaScript to toggle visibility on the embedded frames. With multiple frames
one could be visible while the others are loading, depending on the link you
would then hide the current and expose a different frame. I will qualify
this with, the note that to what extent you can control the content of the
IFRAME from JavaScript, as opposed to having to specify everything up front
(and having to get it to load all at once) isn't clear with out some
research!  Similarly, the OBJECT tag allows imbedding of documents within
documents, but again I've never played with it to try and dynamically swap
content.

Peter Hunsberger