[xsl] Re: Re: Re: Call Template with variable name

Subject: [xsl] Re: Re: Re: Call Template with variable name
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 11:12:33 -0700 (PDT)

> > No -- not in XSLT 1.0 and probably not in XSLT 2.0 judging from the working
draft
> > I've seen.
> >
> > However, almost the same effect can be accomplished using the mechanism of
generic
> > templates, as described in:
> >
> > http://lists.fourthought.com/pipermail/exslt/2001-May/000169.html
>

> Just thought that one of the techniques I am using in my "stylefree
> stylesheets" can apply here...

Eric, the technique you're describing is 100% the same as the one used in generic
templates. The only minor difference is that you're passing as parameter the name of
the template to be instantiated (and this could lead to some unwanted naming
resolution problems when templates are being imported), while when using generic
templates one passes just the unique node, which is uniquely matched by the template
to be instantiated.

This is a good result, when the same technique has been described by two different
sources completely independently.

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev.