[xsl] Building a partial reference list

Subject: [xsl] Building a partial reference list
From: J S Publications <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 12:52:40 +0100

Hi

I am working on a project that involves creating HTML of one or two chapters of a complete book coded in XML. I need to build a subset of the reference list that only contains those references actually cited in the chapters we have extracted.

The complete reference list is available in a <citationList> that contains lots of <citation> elements which have an id attribute. The chapter text has <cite> elements to indicate citations, and these have the same id value in an attribute.

Is it possible to create the final reference list, including just one copy of each cited reference (the reference may well be cited more than once in the text), in alphabetical order as I am transforming the original XML document into the extracted chapters?

Chris