Re: [xsl] xsl:sort - sorting outline numbered values

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:sort - sorting outline numbered values
From: Francis Norton <francis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 18:41:52 +0100

I wrote a solution for almost precisely this problem - see
http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200104/msg01458.html -
and wrote a later version at
http://redrice.com/xml/sortfunction_0_1.zip.

My approach was to develop separate sort and comparison functions, so
that you could use a comparison function specific to your data with a
general sort function. The approach is good but I ran out of time and
the code is still buggy, but you're welcome to use it if you think it
might be of help.

Dimitre mentioned the possibility of using a pure template approach - I
don't know if he implemented it.

Francis.