Re: [xsl] fo:table.. still

Subject: Re: [xsl] fo:table.. still
From: Jiri Jirat <Jiri.Jirat@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 08:19:50 +0200

Hello,
 I have no problems with such constructs.
I am using saxon as XSLT processor and FOP 0.18.1
as XSL FO formatter.

I have tried FOP 0.20.1, but it there are some
things broken (seems to me), so
try different versions of FOP and try also XEP
(www.renderx.com) or passsiveTeX.

If the files are not too large, send me both your XML
and XSLT sources (if you can), I will test them - better off-list.

Regards
Jirka

Corey Spitzer wrote:

> I'm still having a problem generating a PDF from XML.  I've narrowed the
> problem down to the following snippet of XSL:
>
> <fo:table-cell>
> <fo:block><xsl:value-of select="whatever"/></fo:block>
> </fo:table-cell>
>
> This XSL causes the Apache FOP to go into an infinite loop.
>
> if I substitute the above XSL with this:
>
> <fo:table-cell>
> <fo:block>Plain Text</fo:block>
> </fo:table-cell>
>
> Then there is no problem.
>
> Only when I use an xsl namespace tag in fo:table-cell/fo:block will it loop.
>
> The resulting FO output from the xsl:value-of tag *is* plain text...
>
> Please help

 <name firstName="Jirka" surname="Jirat"/>
 <mail>     jiratj@xxxxxxxxx  </mail>
 <support>  http://www.zvon.org </support>