Re: RE: [xsl] creating a string of repeated characters or Padding

Subject: Re: RE: [xsl] creating a string of repeated characters or Padding
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 11:08:15 -0700 (PDT)

Lomvardias, Christopher wrote:

> So, I've read the exslt documentation on string padding but it's not exactly
> clear to me how I would invoke this function given the following excerpted
> xslt where I need ACTIVITY to always occupy positions 16-65 and MEMBER to
> occupy positions 66-165 in my fixed file output.

There's another template at:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/xsl-list/2001-07/msg01040.html

As shown in the above link, this template is roughly three times faster, requires
three times less memory and has three times less maximum-recursion-depth than the
EXSLT str:padding template.

Hope this helped.

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev.