RE: [xsl] MSXML - Processing non standard characters

Subject: RE: [xsl] MSXML - Processing non standard characters
From: "Clapham, Paul" <pclapham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 15:10:56 -0700

Just declaring the file's encoding as UTF-8 doesn't make it UTF-8.  And it
doesn't help to declare the encoding of the XSL file if that isn't the file
causing the problem.  If you really can't change the XML document, and its
encoding parameter doesn't accurately describe its actual encoding, your
only recourse is to harass the authors of the offending document until they
produce a corrected version.  (If the "special characters" you mention are
accented vowels, then the document's encoding is probably ISO-8859-1, so its
header would need to be <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>.)

PC2