RE: [xsl] Getting date of the XSL transformation into HTML output

Subject: RE: [xsl] Getting date of the XSL transformation into HTML output
From: Ghostrider <ghostrider@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 12:53:53 +0200

Hi Rene (and Lee)

[it seems my previous reply didn't make the list for some reason so I'm
posting this again]

Rene wrote:

>I don't quite understand your problem.
>The date your XSL is generating the HTML is the current date isn't it?

Yes

>So why not use one of the suggestions how to get the current date and use the
><xsl:value-of select="the current-date-function of your choice"/> to hardcode
it into your HTML?

And what would that current-date-function look like? I really have no idea (as
to syntax, use,...)!

>And if you're using msxml3 (or just IE) and want to know how to pass a
>parameter: see my earlier mail: http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-
>list/archives/200107/msg00002.html

I'm using XMLSpy and MSXML3.
I had a look at your example code but i don't know

1. where to put in my XSL
2. how to adapt it to so I get the current date in the output HTML

As to your reply, Lee:

Same problem: how do I use a param to actually get that date?
I'd appreciate any help on this (though i didn't think it would be this
complicated to get it done).

Thanks everyone,

Armin