Re: [xsl] Trying to put a
in a string parameter

Subject: Re: [xsl] Trying to put a <BR> in a string parameter
From: "Thomas B. Passin" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 09:48:03 -0400

[Kerin Cosford]

> It's possible that <xsl:value-of select="."/><br/> is working fine - have
> you viewed source in your browser, and had a look if the br tag is there?
>
> Most browsers choke on <br/>. The other option when generating them
through
> XSL is to use <br class="none"/>.

With every provessor I've tried, when you  specify the html output method, a

If you wanted to force it and still use xml output (I don't know why), note
that <br class="none"/> is just one example.  Any attribute at all will put
a space after the "<br", and that's enought to make browsers happy.  So you
could use <br dummy='x'/> and it would work just as well.

Cheers,

Tom P