Re: [xsl] How can I reindent an XML-file for readability?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How can I reindent an XML-file for readability?
From: "Thomas B. Passin" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 10:15:54 -0400

[Rene de Vries]

> I think that there must be a simple XSL to reindent an XML for
readability, but I can't
> invent it and can't find a solution on the net.

Use HTMLTidy.  When set for xml input and output, it will do a nice job of
pretty-printing.  You would post-process your transform with Tidy.

Tidy is available on the W3C web site, www.w3c.org.  It is used in several
very good editing applications, including HTML-kit and XML Cooktop.  With
these, you can run it in an editing environment instead of from a command
line if that's easier for you.

Cheers,

Tom P