Re: [xsl] Printing an XSL->HTML document

Subject: Re: [xsl] Printing an XSL->HTML document
From: "Lyndall Scantlebury" <slyndall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 09:41:49 +1000

I don't know if this will be any help, but i've been doing something similar. I've found that IE5.0 and above enables you to put in page breaks with a CSS style. As of now, IE on Macs and all of NS don't support this style, which means that if you want to put breaks in, the only way I've found is by putting in the right # of <p> tags. As a result, I'm only offering pagination for IE5.0 and above on PC. If you go to:
http://www.webreference.com/js/tips/000201.html - it shows you how to use this style. I've used it so that at a particular point, I add in the footer, a page break, and the header.

http://www.webreference.com/js/tips/991029.html - this will show you how to trigger the pop-up print dialog (if you need to)

Good luck. HTML printing really is a pain... you can't know what your user's settings (page setup etc) are going to be, which is another problem to add to the mix.

Let me know what you end up doing... I didn't use the XMLFO thing... We found that the pages just ignored the settings we used. Let me know if XMLFO makes things easier...

Lyndall