[xsl] JAXP/TrAX: how to set parser for transforms?

Subject: [xsl] JAXP/TrAX: how to set parser for transforms?
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 20:28:06 -0600 (MDT)

I'm new to JAXP/TrAX, so forgive me if this a stupid question.

I've looked through the JAXP spec and the TraxExamples that come with
SAXON, and still can't figure this out.

How does a Transformer know what XML parser to use?

I can see that it is somewhat insulated from the parser by the Source
interface, but for example, when I construct a StreamSource from a File,
and pass this to the Transformer.transform(), at some point an XML parser
is going to be invoked... So how do I establish which parser to use?

I also see that there is a URIResolver interface that affects document()
and xsl:include ... but I didn't see any answers in there, either.

If I want all the XML parsing to be done with a certain parser, what do I
do?

What if I want the parser for the main source document to be different
than the one used by document() and xsl:include?

Thanks in advance.

   - Mike