Re: [xsl] position()

Subject: Re: [xsl] position()
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 18:03:39 +0100 (BST)

> Or of course select="*|text()" for elements that contain text nodes.
but beware white space if you do that (as you point out)

> This is an MS bug, I believe (can someone confirm?).
Bug or feature depending on how you view it. (Or how much you are under
the influence of the Evil Empire.)

If you view the input document as that produced by parsing the XML
markup shown, then the MSXML behaviour is a bug.

If you view the input document as the DOM created some other system
which happens to be bundled with the XSL system in this case. Then
arguably the behaviour is not a bug as the white space nodes have
already been removed by the dom (this is a configurable option, but
turned on by default).

Although it's out of character for me, I'm inclined to give the EE the
benefit of the doubt in this case.

David