Re: [xsl] How to disable escaping of '<' characters --- Additional Inforoma tion

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to disable escaping of '<' characters --- Additional Inforoma tion
From: Peter Flynn <peter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 09:01:48 +2400

At Sunday, 11 March 2001, you wrote:

>I am using XSL stylesheet to generate HTML output. The requirement
I have is
>to compare two XML structures and highlight the difference.  The way I
>thought I can accomplish this is compare two DOM structures and
whenever
>there is a difference, add high lighting HTML tags to the DOM &
print the
>dom using XSLT.
>
>If there is a better solution, let me know.

The only two tools I have come across which do this are IBM's
Diff'n'Merge[1] and Palstar's sgdiff[2]. I've used sgdiff but not
the IBM product. Neither is exactly user-friendly :-)

If someone wanted to do something for the greater good of
humankind, it suppose it would be to write a diff which would
allow the independent comparison between two files of
(a) element structure in element content and (b) element
structure in mixed content, and output the diffs as parameterized
IGNORE/INCLUDE marked sections...I think :-)

Maybe you could write something using LTxml[3].

///Peter
--
1. http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/aw.nsf/techmain/xmldiffandmerge
2. http://www.palstar.nl/productbrief_sgdiff.htm