Re: [xsl] Accents inside comments

Subject: Re: [xsl] Accents inside comments
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 19:38:06 GMT

>  Is this a problem of the processor I'm using (Xalan 1.2), or are these
> characters simply not allowed (even inside comments)?

They are allowed but XML's default encoding is UTF8 (because that can
encode all of unicode) but (I guess) you wrote those characters assuming
latin 1.

so either save your file in utf8 (which may or may not be easy,
depending on how you produced it)

or

declare your XML file is in latin 1 encoding with this as the _very_
first line

David