RE: [xsl] Microsoft CLR (was: XSLT 1.1 comments)

Subject: RE: [xsl] Microsoft CLR (was: XSLT 1.1 comments)
From: "Stu Bloom" <sbloom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 18:52:58 -0600

Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:

> Translation: Somebody might do this, but we won't. And frankly we doubt
it's possible. <

Instead of "translation," how about "my interpretation." _My_ interpretation
is that MS is saying that it _is_ possible; and what does it matter who
implements it?

... and then he wrote:

> we're going to teach everyone to rely on the Windows API that isn't
available elsewhere. <

As I understand it, the only .NET application scenario where the Windows API
is involved is when you (the developer) make use of objects in the
System.WinForms namespace, which you only do when you're creating Windows UI
elements. None of the other namespaces reference any Windows API functions.

(I think this has gone rather far afield from XSLT list subject matter, so
this will be my last post in this thread.)

Stu Bloom